Green Card/Citizenship


If you are a permanent resident and need to replace your Green Card because it was lost, stolen or destroyed, you will need to fill out a Form I-90. You can find the application online at the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website. Go to and click on green card. You can print a paper copy from the website or get one from the local USCIS office at 105 Sockanosset Cross Rd Suite 210, Cranston, RI 02920. The application can be filled out and submitted online or a completed paper copy can be mailed to: USCIS, P.O. Box 21262 Phoenix, AZ 8503. There is a filing fee of $455 and a biometric services fee (fingerprints) of $85 for a total of $540. You will need a copy of a government-issued form of identification that contains your name, date of birth, photograph, and signature (such as state ID or drivers’ license.) You can pay the fees with a money order, personal check, cashier’s check, or by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

If you need help filling out the application or have other citizenship/immigration questions, these organizations can assist you. If you choose to get help from a lawyer, ask for references and know that there will be extra lawyer fees.

Dorcas International Institute of Rhode Island Address: 645 Elmwood Ave, Providence 02907. Phone: 401-784-8600 or visit in person to make an appointment. Website:

Catholic Charities of Providence Address: 1 Cathedral Sq, Providence 02903. Phone: (401) 421-7833 ext. 229 or drop-in. Website:

Progreso Latino, Inc. Address: 626 Broad St, Central Falls, RI 02863. Phone: (401) 728-5920 ext 310 or visit in person to make an appointment. Website: