Social Security Card

Social Security card: Social Security cards are issued only by the Social Security Administration of the federal government. If you have lost your social security card, you will need to get an application, called form SS-B, either online at (you will need a printer) or call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at (800) 772-1213 and ask to have the form mailed to you. You can also visit a local RI SSA field office. The Providence office is at One Empire Plaza on the 6th floor. Social Security cards are free.