There are 3 key documents for you to have when returning to the community: your Birth Certificate; your Social Security card (or number); and either a State ID or Driver’s License.

If you don’t have a birth certificate or Social Security card, that’s where you should start. You will need both to get a state ID or Driver’s license.


Back to Reentry Guide TABLE OF CONTENTS