Birth Certificate

To replace your birth certificate you will need to get it from the vital statistics office of the state in which you were born. Each state has its own application process and fees. You must contact the office in your birth state to find out how to apply for a certified copy of your birth certificate. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website has a list of each state office of vital statistics: